- Percent of Land Area in Drought Edges Up Slightly
After several weeks of decline, drought steals back some land area
- Planting Decisions May Be Changing with the Weather
DuPont Pioneer research finds even in late May planting situations, full-season hybrids may still be best choice
- USDA Crop Progress Report: How Does Very Little Sound?
Not much more corn has gone into the ground in the past week, at least in this report.
- Livestock Call by John Otte
Record cutouts try to pull cattle higher, fear of slipping demand limit gains, hogs rally on shrinking supplies and easing virus concerns
- Afternoon Recap by Paul Burgener
Better than expected crop progress offset by more rain has markets trading mixed today.
- Morning Market Review by Bryce Knorr
Rains in the Northern Plains and Midwest have brought planting to a standstill after last week's impressive progress. (These comments are updated by 7:30 a.m. Central Time)