- Four Respected Producers Named Master Farmers
Ron Bremmer, Craig Buhrow, Mike Kenyon and Greg Leigh are the 2014 Master Farmers.
- Plant Breeding Has Been Critical To Soybean Yield Increases Over the Years
Understanding past yield improvements will help unlock the secret to future yield gains.
- Plant Extracts Hold Promise In Combating PRRS and E. Coli
U of I researchers fed three plant extract additives to swine populations and observed their effects on PRRS and E.Coli.
- Illinois Soybean Growers Work to Improve Trade Relations with Cuba
In recent years, Brazil has become Cuba's primary soybean supplier.
- ISPFMRA Selects Wyffels for Outstanding Service to Ag Award
Bill Wyffels Jr. and Bob Wyffels were given the award, which is the highest honor given to non-members.
- Ag Machinery Exports Dropped 6% in 2013 Compared to 2012
Canada was the top export destination for U.S.-made ag machinery at $4.3 billion for 2013.
- Bee Colonies Still In Jeopardy
U of I's May Berenbaum says CCD theories range from likely to outrageous.
- Shae Varner Of Mazon Wins Grand Champion Steer Title At IL Beef Expo
Peyton Richie and Dalton Line took home second and third place, respectively.
- Mizzou's Skylab Helps Analyze Pasture Quality Across Multiple Metrics
Skylab is a heavily modified high-clearance tractor with numerous sensors for pasture analysis.
- Don Mccabe Named To ISPFMRA Hall Of Fame
McCabe earned his Accredited Farm Manager designation in 1975.