- Sugar Policy Dominates Farm Bill Discussion
Senators entertain amendments to eliminate sugar program, establish SNAP block grants
- EPA Proposes Wide Range of Changes to RFS
Environmental Protection Agency proposes modification to RFS to include new pathway for isobutanol, clarify eligibility for ethanol from crop residues
- Senate Judiciary Committee Passes Immigration Reform Bill
After five markup sessions and consideration of more than 200 amendments, the Senate Judiciary Committee prepares immigration bill for floor time
- Sugar Policy, SNAP Key Points of Farm Bill Debate Day Two
Senators debated sugar policy and voted on controversial SNAP amendments Tuesday
- U.S. Geological Survey Finds Groundwater Levels Shrinking
Latest study on long-term aquifer water levels finds accelerating draw-down
- American Farm Bureau Opens Annual Photo Contest
AFBF photo contest continues through October 15
- Are Farmland Prices Headed Towards A Plateau?
Economists say cropland price appreciation is slowing, but declining crop prices could be primary driver behind land values
- Senate Begins Consideration of 2013 Farm Bill
Sen. McCain offers first amendment to Senate Farm Bill
- Moving on Up with Corn Planting, That Is
Looks like we have the tools and talent to cover the territory if the ground dries out.
- ACRE, DCP Deadline Approaching
USDA's Farm Service Agency reminds farmers and ranchers that ACRE deadline is June 3; DCP deadline is August 2.