- Senate Begins Consideration of 2013 Farm Bill
Sen. McCain offers first amendment to Senate Farm Bill
- Moving on Up with Corn Planting, That Is
Looks like we have the tools and talent to cover the territory if the ground dries out.
- ACRE, DCP Deadline Approaching
USDA's Farm Service Agency reminds farmers and ranchers that ACRE deadline is June 3; DCP deadline is August 2.
- Country Of Origin Labeling Survey Finds Consumer Support
NFU says consumer survey proves Country of Origin labeling is needed
- USDA Detects Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus
National Pork Board says disease poses no risk to food safety or humans
- Traders Might Find Cattle on Feed Report Bearish
April placements of cattle on feed up 15%; May 1 cattle on feed inventory down 3%.
- 7 Things You Might Have Missed This Week
Farm Bill, organic crop insurance expansion and a recipe for a good 'pie'
- Drought Monitor Reflects Few Improvements
Few significant improvements appear on Drought Monitor, but spotty showers bring short term relief
- House Ag Committee Passes 2013 Farm Bill
The House Ag Committee passes farm bill 36-10 in 10 hours of debate.
- Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act
Water Resources Bill includes infrastructure upgrade provisions that could benefit ag industry