We think we’re so smart with biotech crops.
But we really don’t have anything over Mother Nature.
Just imagine if we had her technology. We’d have:
· plants that grow back from their roots.
· plants that seed themselves.
· plants that make their own fertilizer.
· plants that will shut down when it's too dry, too hot or too cold and then start growing again when conditions improve.
· plants that change themselves to become resistant to herbicide, insects or disease.
For all the progress we've made in plant breeding, we have a long way to go.