1. How to appreciate good, wholesome food. That they know what a balanced meal looks like. Fruits, veggies, good meats, milk. Sweets in moderation.
2. How to cook. From scratch. That they will leave my house knowing what to do with a chuck roast. Or a sack of flour. Or a packet of yeast.
3. What our livestock mean. That they might understand not only the purpose for the livestock we raise but that through caring for them and giving them a comfortable life, they'd gain a real appreciation and gratitude for the lives of those animals.
4. That they were created with purpose, on purpose and for a purpose, by a God who knows every hair on their heads. And my prayer is that they might each discover that purpose.
5. That they might always know the value of working together to accomplish a common goal. Like, say, unloading a rack of hay. And that in the right profession, work can be both personally fulfilling and a service to their world.
Five Things: The Series
Check out Dozens of other 30 Days Farm Bloggers Here