1. John and Nathan went to check out a used 318 John Deere lawnmower, with a hand throttle so Nathan could operate it. They looked it over. Nathan leaned in and said, "Dad. This is one sweet lawnmower."
2. Jenna: "Someday, I'm gonna sing the Star Spangler Banner at the Super Bowl."
Nathan: "I'm gonna play football in college and in the Super Bowl."
Jenna: "Yeah, like that's gonna happen."
Nathan: "Jenna. I'm really good."
3. Jenna and Nathan were folding laundry, discussing the problems of the day. Nathan quietly pondered, "I don't get why they put designs on underwear."
4. Nathan: "How many chapters is your book going to have?"
Me: "Probably about 12."
Nathan: "Well. 'The Trouble with Chickens' has 23."
Me: "I can't compete with that."
5. Nathan came to the back door, after riding his four-wheeler around for the past hour. I said to him, "Wow, bud, you look a little muddy." He didn't miss a beat: "Thanks."
Five Things: The Series
Check out Dozens of other 30 Days Farm Bloggers Here