- NASS Preps to Take Stock of Crops, Livestock
USDA is set to interview farmers and ranchers for livestock and crops reports
- Storms, Rains Lend A Little Drought Relief
Rains across the Plains provide a bit of drought relief while stalling planting progress in the Midwest moving eastward.
- Moving on Up with Corn Planting, That Is
Looks like we have the tools and talent to cover the territory if the ground dries out.
- St. Louis Fed Finds Q1 Farm Income Higher Than Expected
Lenders worry weak economy and high input costs will be biggest hurdle
- The Corn Plant is Amazing Indeed
Rapid growth phase will be here before you know it.
- Drought Monitor Reflects Few Improvements
Few significant improvements appear on Drought Monitor, but spotty showers bring short term relief
- House Ag Committee Passes 2013 Farm Bill
The House Ag Committee passes farm bill 36-10 in 10 hours of debate.
- Senators To Keep Rolling on the Water Bill
Action continues Tuesday on Senate bill to streamline waterway projects
- It's May 13, Less than 1/3 of the Corn is Planted
Calendars and planting aren't good friends this year, according to the latest crop progress report.
- Supreme Court Rules in Favor of Monsanto After Patent Suit
Supreme Court sides with Monsanto unanimously in biotech patent case against Indiana soybean farmer